Power User
LV

Csatlakozás
Üzenetek
Reakció pontszám
Díjak
Kor
34ac4b62014ef5cf93edbba8b7108401.webp

Free Download Valeria Flavia Lovato, "Isaac Komnenos Porphyrogennetos: Walking the Line in Twelfth-Century Byzantium "
English | ISBN: 1032055235 | 2024 | 254 pages | EPUB, PDF | 9 MB + 9 MB
Twelfth-century Byzantium is characterized by a striking artistic vitality and profound socio-political changes. The Constantinopolitan elites, led by the Komnenian dynasty initiated by Alexios I, were the driving force behind the renewed intellectual landscape and power dynamics of the century. Despite the wealth of studies devoted to the Komnenians, the sebastokrator Isaac (1093-after 1152) has received limited attention in modern scholarship.

Yet, Isaac is a fascinating figure at the crossroads of different worlds. He was an intellectual, the author of the first running commentary on the Iliad ever written in Byzantium. He was a patron, sponsoring magnificent buildings and supporting artists in and outside the capital. He was a would-be usurper, attempting to seize the throne several times. He was a shrewd diplomat, forging alliances with Armenian, Turkish, and Latin rulers.
Read more

Buy Premium From My Links To Get Resumable Support,Max Speed & Support Me
Code:

A kód megtekintéséhez jelentkezz be.
					Please log in to view the code.

Links are Interchangeable - Single Extraction

Top Alul